Friday, April 14, 2006

Budapest!

Friday I took the train to Budapest...my first time in the Hungarian capital city. I had planned to travel to BP Thursday, but I started doing laundry Wednesday night and I knew I needed a part of the day Thursday to finish (More on that later).

I'm in a hostel tonight and tomorrow night, then Easter I plan to attend Mass at either St. Stephens Basilica or St. Matthias on Buda's Castle Hill. I spent this afternoon walking around and through both cathedrals, with most of the day on top of Castle Hill. I don't have the ability to post pictures to the blog from this computer, but when I get home or if I can find wifi I'll post some - at the end of the afternoon as I was about to walk down Castle Hill a horizon-to-horizon rainbow appeared right over the steeple of St. Matthias Cathedral! I took numerous pictures and I hope they capture the beauty of the moment.

Tomorrow I'll explore Pest (Buda is in the west side of the Danube, Pest is the east) and tell you what I find!

Szia for now!

3 comments:

Cori said...

PB stands for Pest Buda?

The Hungary Traveler said...

Always the English teacher, aren't you? I've fixed the mistake.

Kristy said...

Can't wait to see your pictures of Budapest. It's a city I always wanted to visit, but didn't have the time. And what a cool experience it should be to attend Easter Mass at a cathedral with such history. It seems like it would be so much richer of an experience knowing all the history that has come before.
Enjoy!
KL