Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Yippie!


"Better late than never."
Cori was scheduled to arrive in Budapest around 4:15.

I finally saw her at 8:20.

A delayed flight from Chicago to London; two terminal transfers and an endlessly long security line at Heathrow; and a lost bag at Budapest contributed to the delay (Let's all hope that bag gets delived to Szolnok tomorrow as promised).

But, it was simply wonderful to see Cori after 9 long weeks apart, the longest such stretch since we met in 1998 (I have even more respect now for deployed military personnel and their families).

We hopped the bus to the train station, waited there nearly two hours for the next train to Szolnok, and finally arrived at my flat around 12:30 AM.

Time to get some sleep. Cori's excited to see the city and the school tomorrow, and I'm excited to show them to her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! So glad you are finally... safely together again!

Cori said...

Yes, I'm excited to be here - and you have no idea how glad I am to see Michael. It's wonderful here - different, but interesting and worth being a part of. Despite the long flight, I wouldn't trade my trip or time here for anything!