Friday, May 19, 2006

Best of...

Most of the Americans I have met in Hungary are members of an international teaching program called CETP. Emily and Chad, here in Szolnok are a part of the program, and while Chad and I strolled along the streets of Ljubljana one night a few weeks ago the world proved to be even smaller yet when we ran into a group of 5 CETP teachers from Hungary who were on a weekend adventure of their own.
Many of these teachers keep blogs of their own, and I've come across a few postings I think deserve the attention of my readers.

Jeremey (who happens to be from Fond du Lac, WI) offers a wonderfully written piece on "why he came to Hungary." Anyone who has ever considered traveling to this part of the world should take a moment to read it. It's spot on.

After a few more minutes of exploring Jeremy's blog, I found another entry even more moving. If you are a teacher or someone with a place in your heart for compassion, please read it.


I know there are many other worthwhile CETP blogs, and I'll make an effort to pass along the best as I find them, but I've spent too much time already pouring over Jeremy's writings for one day.

No comments: