Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Window Shopping

Beautiful, affordable, handmade artwork is one of the great benefits of shopping in Ghana.

My return to the US isn’t too far off, and I’d like to arrive ‘bearing gifts.’  So, here I have posted some pictures of one local artisan’s work, which is representative of many of the crafts that can be found here.

To family and friends, I would really like to hear from you if there are any pieces you see that you would like me to try to acquire for you. Prices are negotiable (of course – everything here is), but art like this will run, perhaps, from $5 to $75 a piece.

So, each picture is numbered (just hover the mouse over the image and a label like “Ghana 001” should appear). Click on the image to get a closer look. If you see art that you would like me to look into, please email me (educate4peace@yahoo.com) and be sure to refer to the picture number, and describe the piece. Cheers!

Ghana 017 Ghana 001 Ghana 002 Ghana 003 Ghana 004 Ghana 005 Ghana 006 Ghana 007 Ghana 008 Ghana 009 Ghana 010 Ghana 011 Ghana 012 Ghana 013 Ghana 014 Ghana 015 Ghana 016

No comments: