Friday, September 18, 2009

Less Than Two Weeks

We've returned home to Wisconsin after our nearly two-week trip to Boston and New York. Sabr is safely in the hands of Mary Ellen and Joe, with his new friend Leo, for the next 10 months.

Cori and I have started going over our packing list for Ghana, checking on a few items we still need to pick up: industrial-strength bug spray, sun screen SPF 2k, and dress pants manufactured by NASA that make 98-and-humid feel like 72-and-sunny. We're still looking.

Our departure flight is scheduled to leave Milwaukee on Thursday, October 1 at around 9AM. We will arrive in Accra Ghana around 8AM the next morning (Ghana time).

I've started to put a little weight on my repaired Achilles during the past couple of days. It's still pretty swollen, a little tender, and very tight, but healing well. I have an appointment with my orthopedist next Monday after which I'll share the latest.

1 comment:

MON!CA said...

let me know how the pants hunting goes. :]

im so excited for you! i hope traveling goes well!

-Klinger