Monday, November 30, 2009

Third Try's a Charm?

In just about 24-hours we'll be on the ground in Accra, Ghana where I'll (finally) begin an 8 month teaching assignment.

Our flight, Delta 166, is scheduled to arrive at 7:35 AM Tuesday. Ghana's time zone is "Greenwich Mean Time" - yes, THAT Greenwich - also known as GMT, or UTC-Zero. Simply, it's 6 hours later in Ghana than it is in Wisconsin (at least during the winter months, when WI is not on daylight saving time). So, if you're back home reading this, you should be sound asleep when Cori and I touch down. Of course, our brains and bodies will also be on Central Time, so I hope WE aren't sound asleep too!

Once we get to Accra, I expect we'll be met at the airport by someone from the school who will drive us to Tema. Once we get settled, I'll try to post an update.

Such anticipation (and nerves)!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Can't wait to hear about your first hours in Ghana. How exciting (and a bit scary, I'm sure)! My thoughts are with you both.