Sunday, October 18, 2009

Foot Ball

I'm not a soccer fan. Never have been. But in my limited experience with teaching abroad, I have had some significant "soccer moments."

Ghana just won the U-20 (under-20 years old for you soccer "newbies") World Cup Championship beating Brazil.

Back in 2006, while teaching in Hungary, I had another brush with international soccer, watching the World Cup, being held in nearby Germany, from a street tent in the center of Szolnok (Hungary didn't qualify for the tournament, but that didn't seem to quell the Hungarian's interest).

Next summer, while Cori and I are in Ghana, the 2010 World Cup will be held in South Africa. Ghana has already qualified for the tournament.

Interestingly, in route to winning this week's cup, Ghana defeated Hungary in the semi-finals. The Hungarians went on to take third place.

2 comments:

Waver said...

Off soccer (although I like watching good games): thanks for being linked into your blog. And good luck with the baby and the trip :)

Azor said...

Too bad Hungary lost.