Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Apartment

Today I received pictures of the apartment in Szolnok where I'll be living for the next two and a half months. Laszlo, the principal of Varga (the nickname for the school at which I'll be teaching) has done the leg work to get me an apartment near the school. He says it's about a 3 minute walk away.

The living room with a nice desk to prepare my lessons

Look, a TV! I wonder if there's any English programming?

Here we see the sleeping area of the flat. Notice the radio, and wall mounted reading lamps!

Here's the front hallway. I'm not sure what's in the room ahead or on the right.

I think this is a washing machine, but I'm not sure. I'll let you know when I get there.

Did you notice the ashtrays everywhere? Perhaps smoking isn't disdained in Hungary the way it is in the US.

My travel plans call for Cori and me leaving Beaver Dam late Friday morning, headed for Chicago. Once there, we'll have a last supper (that sounds ominous) together before I fly out around 8 the next morning. From Chicago I fly to JFK in New York where I arrive around 11:30. Then around 5:30 I depart for Budapest. I'll arrive there around 8:30 Sunday morning (Budapest time; In Beaver Dam it will be 1:30 AM).

No comments: