Sunday, April 05, 2009

10 More Days

You may remember that I was told I would be notified by Fulbright about next year by March 31st. Well, a couple weeks ago I received an email explaining they have pushed that notification deadline back two weeks, to April 15. They say they have been very busy arranging exchange matches so they need more time to complete their work.

I can't tell you how anxious I am to hear something, anything. I told Cori yesterday that at this point I would almost rather hear that there will not be a match over this lingering silence.

But, it if waiting 10 more days means there will be a match, I'll wait.

Meanwhile, I have a student teacher at GHS now. Mr. D is in his mid-20s, and graduated from UW-Madison in law and political science. Now he's close to getting his teaching license.

For much of the rest of the year Mr D will teach two of my world history classes, leaving me with two history classes, and one econ class. The lighter workload will be a nice relief now that track has started (I'm coaching the jumps about two days a week) and golf season is very near.

Still, this being my first student teacher I'm not sure what to expect: the transition from me to him leading those classes will be taking place during the next few weeks.

No comments: